"I was born a 4x4 owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way"
- Mileage: 197000
- VIN: JT3HJ85J4T0115399
- Tires: 285-75-16 GT Radial Adventuro A/T
- Color: White
- Lift: 2.5
- Price: 18900
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser in excellent condition. California car since new... no rust! Fully loaded with Factory e-lockers. Add-ons include:
- SLEE Shortbus front bumper ($965 + shipping + install): http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/bumpers/front_bumpers_80series.htm
- Smittybilt XRC 9500 winch with 100 feet of steel cable ($299 + install): http://www.smittybiltdepot.com/Smittybilt-Winches-and-Winch-Accessories/XRC-9-5K-Waterproof-Winch Gen2.aspx?t_c=18&t_s=300&t_pt=100702&t_pn=S/B97495&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1
- Cree 20-inch light bar with spot/flood combination ($100).
- 4X4LABS dual swing-out bumper with tire carrier and double jerry-can basket ($2100 + shipping + install):
White Knuckle Off Road rock sliders (bolt-on) with protection for catalytic converters. I chose to go with the stronger DOM tube option with black semi-gloss powder coating ($800 + shipping + install): http://white-knuckleoffroad.com/toyotafzj80.htm
Suspension: Old Man EMU (OME) 3" lift. Drop brackets for front & rear sway bars.
Slee castor correction plates ($139 + shipping + install), part number SOF1048. I opted to go for these instead of the castor correction bushings supplied with the lift kit. Aftermarket bushings are known to fail, which is why I chose the plates. Additionally, the rubber stock bushings flex/articulate better. http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/suspension_pieces_spacers.htm
285-75-16 GT Radial Adventuro A/T tires, including a brand-new matching spare.
New leather front seat covers (including center console and arm rests) from L-seat ($339 + shipping + $450 install). I went with perforated center sections for more breathability and comfort. https://www.lseat.com/products/1990-1997-toyota-land-cruiser-j80-custom-real-leather-seat-covers-front.html
Leather steering wheel cover from Wheelskins ($65).
Eclipse high-end CD/stereo (Model CD 8443) with auxiliary input (3.5mm jack), tilting front face, and remote ($600 installed).
Memphis amp (Model: MC 1.250) placed under front seat, with 10-inch MTX sub-woofer in sealed box ($400 installed).
Door speakers (4) replaced with Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers ($200 installed).
Viper alarm system with two remotes ($250 installed). One has a paging feature.
- The swing-out attachments can be removed, or switched from one side to the other as desired.
- There's a fold-down platform behind the spare tire for a work surface/table of your choice. Shown in one of the pictures is the "V" support bracket that has been folded down.
PM done on the vehicle includes:
- Oil pump gasket and crank seal replaced.
- New radiator and thermostat. Fluid flushed and replaced with new fluid & distilled water.
- Rear passenger heater hoses and pesky heater hose (PHH) by-passed.
- New blue OEM radiator fan clutch.
- New Magnaflow high-flow catalytic converters (both replaced).
- New OEM oxygen sensors. Both sensors were replaced (pre and post catalytic converter).
- New brake booster, master cylinder, and fluid flushed.
- New Air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, distributor o-ring, cap, & rotor (all OEM parts).
Factory Options Include:
- Chrome grille trim
- Dual power side mirrors
- Tilting and sliding electric sun/moon roof.
- Front/rear tow hooks
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- Factory roof rack
- Fender flares
- Intermittent rear wiper
- 4-spoke soft urethane tilt steering wheel
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Full carpeting
- Gauges-including: tachometer, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, volt meter, fuel level, coolant temp, & oil pressure.
- Passenger-side illuminated visor vanity mirror
- Rear window defogger
- Warning lights, which include: seat belt, low fuel/oil level, door ajar, airbag, & three lights that come on when one of the three differentials is locked (center, front, and rear).
- 7-passenger seating capacity
- Sliding windows for 3rd-row seat passengers
- Center console storage area
- Digital quartz clock
- Full door trim w/leather inserts, front map pockets, courtesy lights
- Power antenna
- 16" Stock steel wheels
- 2-Speed transfer case
- 4.5L DOHC EFI 24 valve I6 engine
- 6470# GVWR/1719# maximum payload
- Front/rear stabilizer bars
- Full-size spare tire
- 25.1 gallon fuel tank
- 4.10 axle ratio
- 4-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission w/OD & 2nd gear start
- Front/rear coil spring suspension
- Fuel tank skid plate.
- Full-time four wheel drive w/center viscous-type differential
- Transmission oil cooler
- 3-point adjustable seat belts at outboard positions
- Child protector rear door locks
- Side door impact beams
- Center high-mount rear stop lamp
- Driver/front passenger air bag with supplemental restraint system
As seen above, this vehicle has been outfitted with some of the best aftermarket upgrades available. It has also been maintained meticulously. Great vehicle for overlanding, as well as exploring the toughest of trails!